Konnect Cloud Updates
The updates contained in this topic apply to Konnect Cloud,
an application that lets you manage configuration for multiple runtimes
from a single, cloud-based control plane, and provides a catalog of all deployed
- Certificate expiration limit extended
- The validity period for runtime certificates has been extended from 30 days to
To take advantage of the new validity period, bring up new data planes through
the Runtime Manager. For existing instances, generate new certificates.
- Konnect Plus is launched!
- Konnect introduces a
new plan tier system for subscriptions.
- Kong Konnect Free: Basic features and plugins with a
cloud control plane.
- Kong Konnect Plus: A pay-as-you-go, credit card-based
option that provides a simple way for developers or operators on small teams to
quickly start using the services they need right now.
- Kong Konnect Enterprise: For organizations that want
to manage all services across their entire organization. Konnect
Enterprise provides connectivity with enterprise-grade security, scalability,
and observability across any cloud, platform, and protocol to help teams build
powerful digital services and experiences.
If you already have a Konnect or Kong Gateway (Enterprise)
account and license, this license will roll over seamlessly into the new
Konnect Enterprise tier.
- Konnect Plus free trials
- When you sign up for a Konnect account,
you are automatically enrolled into a 30-day Konnect
Plus free trial. You don’t need to provide a credit card or any info beyond
the account registration. At the end of the trial, you’ll have the choice to
keep the account at the Plus tier or downgrade to Free.
- Billing and plan management
- You can now manage your plan subscription
for Free and Plus plan tiers directly from the app. Konnect
now includes a Stripe integration, and the process is fully self-serve: choose
your plan, add a card, make payments, all through the Konnect
app and billing portal.
- Self-serve account registration
- You can now sign up for a Konnect account without an
access code. No more
reaching out to Kong support or sales for access – just go
to https://konnect.konghq.com and try it out!
- Runtime setup improvements
- Runtime setup for Linux and Kubernetes environments has improved. When you
configure a new runtime, instead of one Advanced tab, the Runtime Manager
now has Linux and Kubernetes tabs. Choose the tab that fits your
environment and copy the configuration parameters directly.
Known issues with the Kubernetes tab:
repository parameters are in the wrong format and
point to a non-existent image. Substitute them with the following:
cluster_telemetry_endpoint is missing a space between
the parameter and the value. Add a space to fix the formatting:
- Runtime setup improvement
- Quick setup just got a little bit faster. When configuring a new runtime
through the Runtime Manager, HTTPie is no longer required for the
quick setup script.
- Kong Gateway 2.3 support
- Konnect Cloud now supports Kong Gateway 2.3
runtimes. There is no upgrade path for existing runtimes.
- To use Kong Gateway 2.3, reprovision a new runtime.
- Advanced runtime configuration
- You can now configure custom Kong Gateway data planes through the
Runtime Manager and run gateway instances outside of Docker. Use the
Advanced option when configuring a new runtime to get started.
See the runtime configuration guides for more information:
- Logging plugins
- The full set of Kong Gateway’s logging plugins is now available
through Konnect Cloud. This includes:
- Portal authentication
- You can now disable authentication on a Dev Portal,
which exposes the Dev Portal publicly to anyone with the link. No one needs to register
for Dev Portal access.
- New application registrations aren’t available through a public-facing portal.
Kong Konnect (Konnect) is now generally available!
To get started with Konnect, see the
For more information about Konnect, contact your Kong sales