Manage Application Registration Requests
When a developer registers an application with an API product,
the requests must be approved by an admin if
auto approve is not enabled. When
application registration is enabled,
developers must register their applications with an API product. This guide explains different options available to you from the Requests page that is available through the Dev Portal section.
Approve a Request
From the Requests page, the App Registrations tab is for managing developer’s requests to register an application with an API product, any pending application requests are
To manage an application registration request:
- In the row for an application request you want to approve, click the icon, then select Approve from the context menu.
The status is updated from Pending to Approved. The application moves
from the App Registrations tab to the Applications page.
An email is sent to the developer to let them know their application to register
for a product was approved. In the Dev Portal, the status for the request
is also updated in the My Apps pane of the
application details page.
If there are no pending requests, the No app registration requests message is displayed.
Reject a Request
An application registration request that
is rejected requires the developer submit another request after
unregistering their application from a product.
From the App Registrations tab, reject an application registration request:
- In the row for an application request you want to reject, click the icon, then select Reject from the context menu.
The status is updated to Rejected. You can
let the rejected request remain on the Requests page
Delete an application registration request
From the App Registrations, delete an application registration request:
- In the row for the application registration request you want to delete, click the icon and select
Delete from the context menu.
The request is deleted from the App Registrations tab. The pending request is also
deleted from the My Apps pane of an application in the Konnect Dev Portal.
Any pending application requests are displayed in the Access Requests page App Registrations tab.
Important: Deleting an application request does not prevent a user from creating a registration request for the same application.
To prevent a user from submitting requests, you must revoke access.
Application registration status
The following status conditions reflect the current state of a registration request:
- An application created by a developer has been approved to access an API product in the Konnect Dev Portal.
- A developer who has requested access to an API product, but has not
yet had their request reviewed by a Konnect admin.
- An application registration request was rejected by a Konnect admin.