Customize the Konnect Dev Portal
The Dev Portal can be customized by those with admin roles via the Appearance settings in the Konnect admin UI. To access the appearance settings, click Dev Portal, then Appearance.
From the Appearance menu you have the ability to modify the following options:
- Logos: default logo and favicon
- Home Page Header: welcome message, primary header, and header image
- Colors: background, text, and button colors
- Themes: default theme and dark mode
For details on the requirements for each customizable option, hover over the information (
i) icon next to each item in the UI.
Custom Dev Portal URL
Every Dev Portal instance has an auto-generated default URL. You can also manage custom URLs within Konnect. This gives users the ability to access the Dev Portal from either the default URL, for example
https://example.us.portal.konghq.com, or a custom URL like
To add a custom URL to Dev Portal, you need:
- A domain and access to configure the domain’s DNS
- Your organization’s auto-generated default Dev Portal URL.
In your DNS configuration, create a CNAME record for the domain you want to use using the automatically generated Dev Portal URL. The record will look like this:
Update Dev Portal URL settings
To add a custom URL to Dev Portal, open Dev Portal, click Settings, then follow these steps:
Open the Portal URL tab.
Enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) including the subdomain, if applicable, into the Custom Portal URL field. Don’t include a path or protocol (e.g.
Click Save Custom Domain.
Click Confirm to begin the domain verification process.
Domain name restrictions
Because of SSL certificate authority restrictions, Konnect can’t generate SSL certificates for the following domains:
- TLDs containing a brand name:
- Hosting provider subdomains:
- TLDs restricted by US export laws:
.byThe Republic of Belarus
.irIslamic Republic of Iran
.kpDemocratic People’s Republic of Korea
.ruThe Russian Federation
.sySyrian Arab Republic
If you have any questions, contact Support.
Delete a custom URL
Delete a custom Dev Portal URL through your organization’s Konnect admin UI.
In Konnect, open Dev Portal, then click Settings.
Open the Portal URL tab.
Click Delete Custom Domain
After the DNS verification process is complete, Konnect will attempt to automatically generate
an SSL certificate for your custom domain. This process can take several hours. If you attempt to access the custom URL from a browser before the certificate generation process is finished,
you will receive an SSL certificate error. If this process takes more than 24 hours,
please check if the new DNS record is correctly applied. You can use the
dig tool to troubleshoot your DNS:
CUSTOM_DOMAINwith your custom domain and
CUSTOM_DOMAIN_DNSwith the DNS server for the custom domain:
dig +nocmd @CUSTOM_DOMAIN_DNS cname CUSTOM_DOMAIN +noall +answer
The output will look like this:
portal.example.com. 172 IN CNAME example.us.portal.konghq.com.
portal.example.com is your custom domain and
example.us.portal.konghq.com is the default auto-generated
URL for your Dev Portal.
Note: If the command returns no output, or the values are incorrect, check the custom domain DNS configuration or contact your DNS provider. You may need to reset your Dev Portal domain settings to fix your DNS records, you can do this by deleting the custom URL and setting the portal URL again.
A Konnect admin can configure single sign-on (SSO) for the Dev Portal via the identity settings in the Konnect admin interface.
To configure single sign-on, open Dev Portal, click Settings, then follow these steps:
Open the Identity tab.
Copy the callback URL and enter it in your identity provider.
Enter the full domain, including the subdomain and protocol, into the Provider URL field (also known as Issuer). For example,
https://accounts.google.comfor Google IdP.
Enter the unique identifier provided by the IdP into the Client ID field.
Enter the secret used to verify ownership of your IdP client into the Client Secret field.
You must always have a form of authentication configured. Built-in and SSO can be used individually or in combination. Each state results in a different user experience, as represented in the following table:
|State||SSO registration||SSO sign in||Built-in registration||Built-in sign in||Information|
|✅||✅||❌||❌||- Developers can register and log in with SSO.
- Developers registered with built-in authentication are forced to use SSO.
- The built-in authentication window does not display from the Dev Portal.
|❌||❌||✅||✅||- Developers can register and log in with a username and password.|
|✅||✅||✅||✅||- Developers can register and log in with either form of authentication.|
- If a user account associated with a Konnect developer is removed from the IdP, the Konnect developer account is not deleted. A Konnect admin must delete it from the Konnect dashboard.
- If a Konnect developer associated with an IdP user is deleted, the same IdP user can re-authenticate with the Dev Portal and a new Konnect developer account is created. To persistently revoke access for developers authenticating through your IdP, you must remove the ability for that user to authenticate with the IdP.
- User information from the IdP is not synced with Konnect developers after the first login.