Looking for the plugin's configuration parameters? You can find them in the Request Termination configuration reference doc.
This plugin terminates incoming requests with a specified status code and
message. This can be used to temporarily stop traffic on a service or a route,
or even block a consumer.
This plugin can also be used for debugging, as described in the
Once this plugin is enabled, every request (within the configured plugin scope of a service,
route, consumer, or global) will be immediately terminated by sending the configured response.
Example Use Cases
- Temporarily disable a service, for example, if the service is under maintenance
- Temporarily disable a route, for example, if the rest of the service is up and running, but a particular endpoint must be disabled
- Temporarily disable a consumer, for example, due to excessive consumption
- Block anonymous access with multiple auth plugins in a logical
- Debug erroneous requests in live systems