Kong Manager is the graphical user interface (GUI) for Kong Gateway.
It uses the Kong Admin API under the hood to administer and control Kong Gateway.
Here are some of the things you can do with Kong Manager:
- Manage all workspaces in one place
- Create new routes and services
- Activate or deactivate plugins
- Group your teams, services, plugins, consumer management, and everything else exactly how you want them
- Manage users and roles for both Kong Gateway and for the Dev Portal
- Configure Dev Portals: customize appearance, manage developers and applications, and edit Dev Portal layouts, specs, and documentation
- Monitor performance: visualize cluster-wide, workspace-level, or even object-level health using intuitive, customizable dashboards
- Centrally store and easily access key sets and keys.
Note: If you are running Kong in traditional mode, increased traffic could lead to potential performance issues for the Kong proxy.
Server-side sorting and filtering large quantities of entities can also cause increased CPU usage in both Kong Gateway and its database.
Kong Manager interface
Figure 1: Kong Manager individual workspace dashboard
||Dashboard for all the workspaces in the cluster.
||Manage team roles and permissions with RBAC, or map groups to your IdP.
||See information about a workspace.
||Manage the Kong Gateway entities in the current workspace.
||Manage vaults, keys and key sets for your environment.