Access Your Kong Enterprise License
Kong Enterprise requires a license file. This guide walks you through how to access your license file.
The following guide only pertains to paid versions of
Kong Enterprise. For free trial information, see our list of ways to
try Kong Enterprise
, or see your free trial sign-up email.
Before you can access your license, you need to sign up for a Kong Enterprise
subscription. With this subscription, you will receive access to the Kong
Bintray repository, which contains the necessary license files.
If you have purchased a subscription but haven’t received a license file,
contact your sales representative.
Accessing your license file through a browser
Log into https://bintray.com/.
If you are unaware of your login credentials, reach out to your CSE and they’ll
be able to assist you.
Notice that along with Kong Enterprise, there is a new
repository that has the same name as your company. Click on that repo.
In the repo, click on the file called license.
Click into the Files section
Click any file you want to download.
Programmatically accessing your license file
For programmatic access you’ll need 3 pieces of information:
- Username (provided through email by your CSE)
- Repository name (the Bintray repository, visible in the GUI, usually named after your company name)
- The Bintray API key for the account (see below)
To get the API key follow these steps:
- Log into Bintray.
- Open the profile settings: click or hover over the username at the top right and select Edit Profile.
- On the left select API Key, and if prompted, provide your password again. Click the copy icon to copy the key to your clipboard.
To access the license:
BINTRAY_USERNAME="your_user_name" && \
BINTRAY_REPO="your_repo_name" && \
BINTRAY_APIKEY="your_api_key" && \
curl -L -u"$BINTRAY_USERNAME:$BINTRAY_APIKEY" "https://kong.bintray.com/$BINTRAY_REPO/license.json"
If successful, it will display the downloaded license.
To use the license either as a file or as a variable, replace the last command with either of these examples: