Estimated reading time:
This is the documentation for the Kong Enterprise 2.1.x beta.
To see the documentation for the latest stable version of Kong Enterprise, go to 1.5.x.
Kong Enterprise requires a license file. This guide walks you through how to access your license file.
Note: The following guide only pertains to paid versions of Kong Enterprise. For free trial information, check the email received after signing up.
Log into https://bintray.com/login?forwardedFrom=%2Fkong%2F
If you are unaware of your login credentials, reach out to your CSE and they’ll
be able to assist you.
You will notice that along with Kong Enterprise, there is a new
repository that has the same name as your company. Click on that repo.
In the repo, click on the file called license.
Click into the Files section
Click any file you would like to download.
Programmatically accessing your license file
For programmatic access you’ll need 3 pieces of information:
- username (was provided by email by your CSE)
- repository name (the Bintray repository, visible in the GUI, usually named after your company name)
- the Bintray API key for the account (see below)
To get the API key follow these steps:
- Log into Bintray.
- Open the profile settings: click or hover over the username at the top right and select Edit Profile.
- On the left select API Key, and if prompted, provide your password again. Click the copy icon to copy the key to your clipboard.
To access the license:
BINTRAY_USERNAME="your_user_name" && \
BINTRAY_REPO="your_repo_name" && \
BINTRAY_APIKEY="your_api_key" && \
curl -L -u"$BINTRAY_USERNAME:$BINTRAY_APIKEY" "https://kong.bintray.com/$BINTRAY_REPO/license.json"
If successful, it will display the downloaded license.
To use the license either as a file or as a variable, replace the last command with either of these examples: