You are browsing documentation for an outdated version. See the latest documentation here.
The diff command is similar to a dry run of the ‘decK sync’ command.
It loads entities from Kong and performs a diff with the entities in local files. This allows you to see the entities that will be created, updated, or deleted.
deck diff [command-specific flags] [global flags]
- help for diff (Default:
- return exit code 2 if there is a diff present,
exit code 0 if no diff is found,
and exit code 1 if an error occurs. (Default:
- Maximum number of concurrent operations. (Default:
- sync only the RBAC resources (Kong Enterprise only). (Default:
- only entities matching tags specified via this flag are diffed. When this setting has multiple tag values, entities must match each of them.
- disable printing events to stdout (Default:
- do not diff consumers or any plugins associated with consumers (Default:
- file(s) containing Kong’s configuration.
This flag can be specified multiple times for multiple files.
-to read from stdin. (Default:
- Diff configuration with a specific workspace (Kong Enterprise only). This takes precedence over _workspace fields in state files.
- Share anonymized data to help improve decK.
--analytics=falseto disable this. (Default:
- Custom CA certificate (raw contents) to use to verify Kong’s Admin TLS certificate.
This value can also be set using DECK_CA_CERT environment variable.
This takes precedence over
- Path to a custom CA certificate to use to verify Kong’s Admin TLS certificate. This value can also be set using DECK_CA_CERT_FILE environment variable.
- Config file (default is $HOME/.deck.yaml).
- HTTP headers (key:value) to inject in all requests to Kong’s Admin API. This flag can be specified multiple times to inject multiple headers.
- HTTP address of Kong’s Admin API.
This value can also be set using the environment variable DECK_KONG_ADDR
environment variable. (Default:
- Address of the Konnect endpoint. (Default:
- Email address associated with your Konnect account.
- Password associated with your Konnect account, this takes precedence over
- File containing the password to your Konnect account.
- Disable colorized output (Default:
- Skip API calls related to Workspaces (Kong Enterprise only). (Default:
- Set a request timeout for the client to connect with Kong (in seconds). (Default:
- Name to use to verify the hostname in Kong’s Admin TLS certificate. This value can also be set using DECK_TLS_SERVER_NAME environment variable.
- Disable verification of Kong’s Admin TLS certificate.
This value can also be set using DECK_TLS_SKIP_VERIFY environment variable. (Default:
- Enable verbose logging levels
Setting this value to 2 outputs all HTTP requests/responses
between decK and Kong. (Default:
- deck - Administer your Kong clusters declaratively