Kong for Kubernetes
Kong for Kubernetes includes the following features:
- Kong is configured dynamically and responds to the changes in your infrastructure.
- Kong is deployed onto Kubernetes with a Controller, which is responsible for configuring Kong.
- All of Kong’s configuration is done using Kubernetes resources, stored in Kubernetes’ data-store (etcd).
- Use the power of kubectl (or any custom tooling around kubectl) to configure Kong and get benefits of all Kubernetes, such as declarative configuration, cloud-provider agnostic deployments, RBAC, reconciliation of desired state, and elastic scalability.
- Kong is configured using a combination of Ingress Resource and Custom Resource Definitions(CRDs).
- DB-less by default, meaning Kong has the capability of running without a database and using only memory storage for entities.