You are browsing documentation for an outdated version of Kong . Go here
to browse the documentation for the latest version.
At its core, Kong Studio is a code editor and designer for specifications. Similar to other code editors, Kong Studio adopts a common user interface and layout with a sidebar on the left, file content in the middle, and a preview on the right.
- Activity Bar contains the tools that allow you to perform Kong Studio’s main activities, namely:
- Editor for editing specifications (selected in the example above).
- Explorer for exploring and debugging.
- Activity Sidebar displays navigation and configuration settings for the Activity Content.
- Activity Content provides the interface for your current activity. In the example shown above with Editing as our activity, the content includes the Editor, the Linter Panel, the Preview Pane, and the Editor Title/Action Bar.
- Workspace Dropdown allows you to view, manage, and change the workspaces from this dropdown menu.
- Editor Sidebar allows you to view navigation and actions related to content displayed in the Editor Content area.
- Git Sync allows you to view, configure, swap, and synchronize changes with the configured git provider.
- Editor Title/Action Bar displays the current action title, and actions related to the content / views displayed in the Content Area.
- Editor Content displays the file content of the specification and related views to the content such as the Linter Panel and Preview Pane.
- Linter Panel is a togglable panel that displays all linter errors and warnings relating to the editor content.
- Preview Pane is a togglable pane that allows you to preview the editor content similar to how it would appear in production.