Kong Gateway 3.4.x
- This plugin has been optimized to reduce proxy latency impacts during scraping.
Kong Gateway 3.0.x
- High cardinality metrics are now disabled by default.
- Decreased performance penalty to proxy traffic when collecting metrics.
- The following metric names were adjusted to add units to standardize where possible:
- New metric:
session_duration_ms for monitoring stream connections
- New metric:
node_info is a single gauge set to 1 that outputs the node’s ID and Kong Gateway version
- Latency was split into four different metrics:
request_latency_ms (HTTP), and
session_duration_ms (stream). Buckets details follow:
- Kong Latency and Upstream Latency can operate at orders of different magnitudes. Separate these buckets to reduce memory overhead.
consumer_status were merged into
http_requests_total. If the
per_consumer config is set to false, the
consumer label will be empty. If the
per_consumer config is true, the
consumer label will be filled.
http_requests_total has a new label
source. It can be set to
- All Memory metrics have a new label,
- Plugin version bumped to 3.0.0
node_id label was added to memory metrics.
Kong Gateway (Enterprise) 184.108.40.206
- Adds new directives in
kong.conf to enable or disable high cardinality metrics.
prometheus_plugin_status_code_metrics: enables or disables reporting the HTTP/Stream status codes per service/route.
prometheus_plugin_latency_metrics: enables or disables reporting the latency added by Kong, request time and upstream latency.
prometheus_plugin_bandwidth_metrics: enables or disables reporting the bandwidth consumed by service/route.
prometheus_plugin_upstream_health_metrics: enables or disables reporting the upstream health status.
Kong Gateway 2.8.x
- Adds a new metric:
kong_nginx_timers (gauge): total number of Nginx timers, in Running or Pending state.
- Add two new metrics:
kong_db_entities_total (gauge): total number of entities in the database
kong_db_entity_count_errors (counter): measures the number of errors
encountered during the measurement of
Kong Gateway 2.5.x
subsystem label to Upstream Target health metrics
Kong Gateway 2.4.x
- Added the
per_consumer configuration parameter to export per-consumer status.
Kong Gateway 2.3.x
- The plugin can now export Kong Gateway Enterprise licensing information.