A status represents the state of a developer and the access they have to the Dev
Portal and APIs:
- A developer who can access the Dev Portal. Approved developers can create
credentials & access all APIs that allow those credentials.
- A developer who has requested access but has not yet been Approved.
- A developer who has had their request denied by a Kong admin.
- A developer who once had access to the Dev Portal but has since had access
Developers who have requested access to a Dev Portal will appear under the
Requested Access tab. From this tab, you can choose to Accept or Reject
the developer from the actions in the table row. After selecting an action, the
corresponding tab is updated.
View Approved Developers
To view all currently approved developers, click the Approved tab. From here, you can choose to Revoke or Delete a particular developer. Additionally, you can use this view to send an email to a developer with the Email Developer
mailto link. See Emailing Developers for more info.
View Revoked Developers
To view all currently revoked developers, click the Revoked tab. From here, you can choose to Re-approve or Delete a developer.
View Rejected Developers
To view all currently rejected developers, click the Rejected tab. Rejected developers completed the registration flow on your Dev Portal but were rejected from the Request Access tab. You may Approve or Delete a developer from this tab.
Invite Developers to Register
To invite a single or multiple developers:
- Click Invite Developers.
- Use the popup modal to enter email addresses separated by commas.
- After all emails have been added, click Invite. A pre-filled message
opens in your default email client with a link to the registration page for
your Dev Portal.
Each developer is BCC’d by default for privacy. You may choose to edit the message or send as is.
Developer Management Property Reference
For comprehensive documentation on developer management properties, see Default Dev Portal Authentication.