Estimated reading time:
By connecting to Insomnia Designer through the Kong Studio bundle, you
can sync Spec files to and from your Dev Portal.
Step 1. Connect to Kong Enterprise
From Insomnia Designer:
- Go to the Documents Listing View.
- Find the spec you want to deploy to the Developer Portal.
Click on the documents action menu and select Deploy to Kong Portal.
Insomnia Designer will prompt you for information to connect to your Kong Admin API.
Enter your API URL.
Note: The URL here is the ADMIN API url set by the
- Enter the Workspace for the Developer Portal you want to upload the spec to.
(Optional) If your Admin API uses RBAC, enter the token to access the Workspace.
- Click Connect to Kong to validate the connection.
Step 2. Deploy a Spec file
If successful, Insomnia Designer will then prompt you to specify a name for the spec file — this will be the name that appears in the Developer Portal.
- Click Upload to Kong Portal to upload the spec file.
- If there is an existing file with the same name, Insomnia Designer will prompt you to overwrite the existing file or cancel.