Table of Contents
- Developer Status
- Approving Developers
- Viewing Approved Developers
- Viewing Revoked Developers
- Viewing Rejected Developers
- Emailing Developers
- Developer Management Property Reference
A status represents the state of a developer and the access they have to the Dev Portal and APIs.
- A Developer who can access the Dev Portal. Approved Developers can create credentials & access all APIs that allow those credentials.
- A Developer who has requested access but has not yet been Approved.
- A Developer who has had their request denied by a Kong Admin.
- A Developer who once had access to the Dev Portal but has since had access Revoked.
Developers who have requested access to a Dev Portal will appear under the Requested Access tab. From this tab you can choose to Accept or Reject the developer from the actions in the table row. After selecting an action the corresponding tab will update.
Viewing Approved Developers
To view all currently approved developers choose the Approved tab. From here you can choose to Revoke or Delete a particular developer. Additionally you can use this view to send an email to a developer with the Email Developer
mailto link. See Emailing Developers for more info.
Viewing Revoked Developers
To view all currently revoked developers choose the Revoked tab. From here you can choose to Re-approve or Delete a developer.
Viewing Rejected Developers
To view all currently rejected developers choose the Rejected tab. Rejected developers completed the registration flow on your Dev Portal but were rejected from the Request Access tab. You may Approve or Delete a developer from this tab.
Inviting Developers to Register
To invite a single or set of developers…
- Click the Invite Developers button from the top right corner above the tabs
- Use the popup modal to enter email addresses separated by commas
- After all emails have been added click Invite. This will open a pre-filled message in your default email client with a link to the registration page for your Dev Portal
Each developer is bcc’d by default for privacy. You may choose to edit the message or send as is.
Developer Management Property Reference
Description: Dev Portal Auto Approve Access.
When set to
on, a developer will automatically be marked as
completing Dev Portal registration. Access can still be revoked through
Kong Manager or API.
When set to
off, a Kong Admin will have to manually approve the Developer via
the Kong Manager or API.
Description: When enabled, Admins will be able to invite Developers to a Dev Portal by using the “Invite” button in the Kong Manager.
When enabled, Kong Admins specified by
smtp_admin_emails will receive an email
when a Developer requests access to a Dev Portal.
When disabled, Kong Admins will have to manually check the Kong Manager to view any requests.
Description: When enabled, Developers will receive an email when access to a Dev Portal has been approved.
When disabled, Developers will receive no indication that they have been
approved. It is suggested to only disable this feature if
Description: When enabled, Developers will be able to use the “Reset Password” flow on a Dev Portal and will receive an email with password reset instructions.
When disabled, Developers will not be able to reset their account passwords. Kong Admins will have to manually create new credentials for the Developer in the Kong Manager.
Duration in seconds for the expiration of the Dev Portal reset password token.
21600 is six hours.
Description: When enabled, Developers will receive an email after successfully reseting their Dev Portal account password.
When disabled, Developers will still be able to reset their account passwords, but will not recieve a confirmation email.